Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sudden Break Away to Surat (586kms Solo)

An unplanned Solo trip to Surat.....great experience.......read on to know what it felt to face all the relatives on living a passion which is not famous among them.


Route: Mumbai-Surat-Mumbai

Distance on Meter:586 Kms

Roads Strip : NH8 (Mumbai Ahemdabad Highway)

Day and Date: 21 Nov(Up) 23 Nov (Down)


Date: 21st November- Saturday
Due to a family function on Sunday 22nd of November, mom already left from mumbai 2 day before on thursday. I was not sure to go as saturday was a working for me, but i still kept my chance open. Until saturday afternoon, i wasnt sure on weather i would be going to attend the next day function at surat. Mom suggested, i should for which she told me to catch a train to surat that evening which would help me reach surat in just 4-5 hours, but frankly i was not too keen on the same.

Just as I woke up and got ready for office on saturday, the mood was in making, and as i was on the way to office that that i thought of taking the favroite way to reach Surat if i decide to go there by any chance. Tardily the though grew as i reached office and started to search on the net for the distance and other details. The biker in me was urging me to go for it, but i knew if i had to there were 2 hurdels to be crossed. First to get a half day from the office and 2nd the obvious one to convince mom that i am coming with dolly(my bike) there. Trying for the first hurdel, i managed to get a half day and i was quick to make an exit from the office at some 1.30pm in the afternoon, and for the second i decided to reach Surat and disclose the same so as they all there(ma mom and relatives) are left with no options but the accept it.

Being an unplanned trip, on my way from office to home i halted a local shop to change on my helmet visor. It was almost 2.30pm that i reached home and changed into my usual biking fits with the protection kit and stuffs. Time was less but i had to make sure that the bike for fit for a quick 550 odd kms , so went to my usual Dolly Doctor- Javed. Listing to my sudden plan, even he was schoked and inspected dolly quickly. It was almost 3.30 by then.

I knew covering 260 kms would be not less than 5 hours task and that ment that dark riding was surely on! Moving quickly on the wheels i had no target other than reaching Vapi (some 170kms) before it turned dark. The excitement was there as I moved along on 80-90\hr on the speed-o-meter to reach on vapi before day turned gloomy. The road so far was amazing with long strech cartless all the way from mumbai till vapi.

While i was on my first halt, i also informed MOM that i was on my way, lieing that i was coming by train. It was some more 100kms night riding to be done and i knew i had to be careful to reac there safely. Moving ahead below 60km/hr on the meter, i rode for another 2 hours to enter Surat taking a left from the highway. I was almost there and the excitement was raising to meet all the relatives there, moreover i was also worried on reaction to know that was on my bike there- it was sure to be negative one and i was preparing myself to listen to all the scoldings from all there. But the proudness of the biker inside me ade me face the music. And as expected I was greeted with lot and lot of scolding by each and every one of them there. THere concern was understandable , but it was then I realised that living a passion like BIKING is not easy.

They were all aggitate on my action, but they had no option but to accept the truth that i was there.

The final word from my mom- 'One more such trip and You(Me) will never know, when and to whom your bike was sold'
GOD those were strong words!



Date:22nd November 2009
The next day was good as I attended the wedding as i danced my heart out after long time. The whole day i met more and more relatives to hear more and more why it is not advisable to come this long on Bike.(No one knew of my MUmbai Goa trip ;) )

The day was over and now it was time again that i sat down with all there in the night. I knew the topic was about to burst , of me going back to Mumbai next day on my bike. All my relative specially MAMA logs had this strong opion that the I should not return back on bike and take a train instead. As for the bike, that would be sent via transport the next morning. I strongly objected! for which no one supported accept my 1-2 Bhabhis and my loved MAASI. After a strong discssion on this for some 30min, i finally managed to convince them to trust me and let me off on my bike.

Date:23 November 2009
Sleeping arond 2am that night, i decided to start the journey back at 4. Waking up in just 1 hour, i was all set to leave by 4 as planned. It was some 3 hours of dark riding and i had to reach mumbai by 9 so as to reach office on time that day. With only one focus on my mind, i moved along on a constant speed of 60-70km/hr on my meter to cover some 160-170kms in the dark there by increasing it to 80-90km\hr for the next two hours. As i rode the 250 kms all the thoughts of some 30 hours spent there in Surat rolled across and few strongs comments made raise doubts on my trips in future, SPecially the one made by MOM. I knew if i had to live this passion long I will have to take some break out as in the recent past there were many biking trips made.

It was 9.00am and i reach. Safe and sound! Just as i reached,i called up MOM to inform of my reaching. I was proud of my doing but was also worried on my future for this passion.


Sori friends for no images for this blog due to the lack of time during the strech. But i promise there would be lot many from the next trip that i make. Thanks again for reading this blog.


Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.

1 comment: